新概念英语第三册逐句精讲:第44课又快又安全

| 安全师 |

【www.tingchehu.com--安全师】

Lesson44 Speed and Comfort 又快又安全
  新概念3课文内容:
  People travelling long distances frequently have to decide whether they would prefer to go by land, sea, or air. Hardly anyone can positively enjoy sitting in a train for more than a few hours. Train compartments soon get cramped and stuffy. It is almost impossible to take your mind off the journey. Reading is only a partial solution, for the monotonous rhythm of the wheels clicking on the rails soon lulls you to sleep. During the day, sleep comes in snatches. At night, when you really wish to go to sleep, you rarely manage to do so. If you are lucky enough to get a sleeper, you spend half the night staring at the small blue light in the ceiling, or fumbling to find your ticket for inspection.   Inevitably you arrive at your destination almost exhausted. Long car journeys are even less pleasant, for it is quite impossible even to read. On motorways you can, at least, travel fairly safely at high speeds, but more often than not, the greater part of the journey is spent on roads with few service stations and too much traffic. By comparison, ferry trips or cruises offer a great variety of civilized comforts. You can stretch your legs on the spacious decks, play games, meet interesting people and enjoy good food--always assuming, of course, that the sea is calm. If it is not, and you are likely to get seasick, no form of transport could be worse. Even if you travel in ideal weather, sea journeys take a long time. Relatively few people are prepared to sacrifice up to a third of their holidays for the pleasure of travelling by sea.
  Aeroplanes have the reputation of being dangerous and even hardened travellers are intimidated by them. They also have the disadvantage of being the most expensive form of transport. But nothing can match them for speed and comfort. Travelling at a height of 30,000 feet, far above the clouds, and at over 500 miles an hour is an exhilarating experience. You do not have to devise ways of taking your mind off the journey, for an aeroplane gets you to your destination rapidly. For a few hours, you settle back in a deep armchair to enjoy the flight. The real escapist can watch a free film show and sip champagne on some services. But even when such refinements are not available, there is plenty to keep you occupied. An aeroplane offers you an unusual and breathtaking view of the world. You soar effortlessly over high mountains and deep valleys. You really see the shape of the land. If the landscape is hidden from view, you can enjoy the extraordinary sight of unbroken cloud plains that stretch out for miles before you, while the sun shines brilliantly in a clear sky. The journey is so smooth that there is nothing to prevent you from reading or sleeping. However you decide to spend your time, one thing is certain: you will arrive at your destination fresh and uncrumpled. You will not have to spend the next few days recovering from a long and arduous journey.
  新概念英语3逐句精讲:
  1.People travelling long distances frequently have to decide whether they would prefer to go by land, sea, or air.
  出远门的人常常需要决定是走旱路、水路,还是坐飞机。
  语言点:句子结构分析:by land,sea,air构成平行结构。
  2.Hardly anyone can positively enjoy sitting in a train for more than a few hours.
  很少有人能够真正喜欢坐几个小时以上的火车。
  3.Train compartments soon get cramped and stuffy.
  车厢很快就变得拥挤、闷热。
  4.It is almost impossible to take your mind off the journey.
  想摆脱开旅途的困扰是很难的。
  语言点:句子结构分析:it是形式主语,句子的真正主语是to take your mind off the journey.
  5.Reading is only a partial solution, for the monotonous rhythm of the wheels clicking on the rails soon lulls you to sleep.
  看书只能解决部分问题。车轮与铁轨间单调的嘎喳声很快就会送你进入梦乡。

  6.During the day, sleep comes in snatches.
  白天是忽睡忽醒。  7.At night, when you really wish to go to sleep, you rarely manage to do so.
  到了夜晚,你真想睡了,却很难入睡。
  8.If you are lucky enough to get a sleeper, you spend half the night staring at the small blue light in the ceiling, or fumbling to find your ticket for inspection.
  即使你走运弄到一个卧铺,夜间有一半时间你会盯着车顶那盏小蓝灯而睡不着觉;要不然就为查票摸索你的车票。
  9.Inevitably you arrive at your destination almost exhausted.
  一旦抵达目的地,你总是疲惫不堪。
  语言点:与“疲劳”有关的表达:
  Exhausted 筋疲力尽的;weary 疲倦的;fatigued 疲劳的;dog-tired 累极的;drowsy昏昏欲睡的
  10.Long car journeys are even less pleasant, for it is quite impossible even to read.
  乘汽车作长途旅行则更加不舒服,因为连看书都几乎不可能。
  语言点:句子结构分析:对比上句,大家是否还记得经典句子:I am even less lucky?这种句子最关键的词汇是even less,用在类比式的写作中相当出彩!
  11.On motorways you can, at least, travel fairly safely at high speeds, but more often than not, the greater part of the journey is spent on roads with few service stations and too much traffic.
  在公路上还好,你至少能以相当快的速度安全地向前行。但旅行的大部分时间都花在路上,而且只有很少的服务设施,交通也很拥挤。
  12.By comparison, ferry trips or cruises offer a great variety of civilized comforts.
  相比之下,坐船旅行或环游可以得到文明世界的各种享受。
  13.You can stretch your legs on the spacious decks, play games, meet interesting people and enjoy good food--always assuming, of course, that the sea is calm.
  你可以在甲板上伸展四肢、做游戏,还能也很见到各种有趣的人,能享用各种美味佳肴—当然,这一切只有在大海风平浪静的情况下才有可能。
  14.If it is not, and you are likely to get seasick, no form of transport could be worse.
  如果大海肆虐起来,你就可能晕船,那种难受劲儿是任何一种别的旅行的方式都不会带来的。
  语言点:由seasick总结含有词根sick的常用词:
  Homesick 思乡的;airsick晕机的;trainsick晕火车的;bussick晕大客车的
  15.Even if you travel in ideal weather, sea journeys take a long time.
  即使风平浪静,坐船旅行也要占用很长时间。
  16.Relatively few people are prepared to sacrifice up to a third of their holidays for the pleasure of travelling by sea.
  没有多少人会为享受坐船旅行的乐趣而牺牲假期的时间。
  语言点:be prepared to do sth.的意思是“准备好做某事”。
  17.Aeroplanes have the reputation of being dangerous and even hardened travellers are intimidated by them.
  飞机以危险而著称,连老资格的旅行者也怕飞机。
  语言点:句子结构分析:本句结构sth.have the reputation of being dangerous/safe的意思是“某物以危险/安全著称”。
  18.They also have the disadvantage of being the most expensive form of transport.
  飞机另一个缺点是昂贵。
  19.But nothing can match them for speed and comfort.
  但就速度与舒适而言,飞机是无与伦比的。
  语言点:match for的意思是“匹配,般配”。
  20.Travelling at a height of 30,000 feet, far above the clouds, and at over 500 miles an hour is an exhilarating experience.
  腾云驾雾,在30,000 英尺高空以500英里的时速旅行,这种经历令人心旷神怡。
  语言点:补充谚语学习:Give an inch and take a mile.得寸进尺。

  21.You do not have to devise ways of taking your mind off the journey, for an aeroplane gets you to your destination rapidly.
  你不必想办法去摆脱旅途的困扰,因为飞机会迅速地把你送到目的地。
  22.For a few hours, you settle back in a deep armchair to enjoy the flight.
  几小时之内,你躺在扶手椅上,享受着旅途的欢乐。
  23.The real escapist can watch a free film show and sip champagne on some services.
  真正会享受的人还可以在某些航班上看一场电影和喝香槟。
  语言点:由sip总结与“喝”有关的单词:taste 尝,suck 吸吮
  24.But even when such refinements are not available, there is plenty to keep you occupied.
  即使没有这些消遣条件,也总是有事可做。
  语言点:keep sb.occupied的意思是“让某人有事可做”。
  25.An aeroplane offers you an unusual and breathtaking view of the world.
  飞机上,你可以观察世界上非同寻常的奇妙的美景。
  语言点:句子结构分析:“sth.offer sb.+adj.(and+adj.)+n”的意思是“某物可以给某人…的(和…的)感觉”。
  26.You soar effortlessly over high mountains and deep valleys.
  你毫不费劲地飞越高山幽谷。
  27.You really see the shape of the land.
  你确能饱览大地的风貌。
  28.If the landscape is hidden from view, you can enjoy the extraordinary sight of unbroken cloud plains that stretch out for miles before you, while the sun shines brilliantly in a clear sky.
  如果这种景色被遮住了,你可以观赏一下展现在你面前的、一望数英里的、连绵不断的云海,同时阳光灿烂,天空清澈明朗。
  29.The journey is so smooth that there is nothing to prevent you from reading or sleeping.
  旅途平稳,丝毫不妨碍你阅读或睡眠。
  30.However you decide to spend your time, one thing is certain: you will arrive at your destination fresh and uncrumpled.
  不管你打算如何消磨时间,有件事是可以肯定的,即当你抵达目的地时,你感到精神焕发,毫无倦意。
  31.You will not have to spend the next few days recovering from a long and arduous journey.
  用不着因为漫长的旅途的辛苦而花几天时间休息来恢复精神。

本文来源:http://www.tingchehu.com/content-50-42866-1.html

    热门标签

    HOT